Friday 29 February 2008

Upcoming content for Speculative Horizons

Just a quick post to let you all know what's on the radar for Speculative Horizons.

If you read my post about the SF Site's reader's Top 10 for 2007, you'll know that I was slightly embarrassed that I'd only read two of the novels that made the cut. To rectify that, I bought Dan Simmons' The Terror and am currently about 1/4 of the way through. It's a bit of a monster, so the review won't appear for a while yet but definitely will at some point. All I can say for the time being is that I can see why this book was nominated.

I'm currently working on an interview with Mark Newton, who I mentioned in my last post. Like I said, Mark's an editor at Solaris and as such the interview will focus on genre publishing and the fantasy scene in general. I know Mark's got plenty to say on the subject, so it should definitely be worth reading. Not sure when the interview will materialise, but shouldn't be too long. Watch this space.

I'm also going to be starting a series about authors' favorite characters in genre fiction. The idea is that every week an author will reveal who their favourite character is and why. First up will be John Marco, in the near future. Once again, watch this space.

Lastly, I'm also hoping to hold the first book-giveaway at some point; more news on that as and when.

I hope you'll agree there's plenty to look forward to. I ought to take this opportunity to thank you all for visiting Speculative Horizons; I had no idea the blog would prove to be this popular so quickly, or that my audience would prove to be so global. So thanks a lot for dropping by; I hope you've enjoyed it so far.

I know I have.

1 comment:

Todd Newton said...

Very exciting.

I'm a big John Marco fan so I will keep my eyes peeled for that one.