Friday 25 July 2008

Lazy linkage

Here's some Friday linkage...

Joe Abercrombie has waded into the 'genre authors that don't read genre' debate (yeah, I'm bored of the whole thing now as well but it's a good post and worth reading)...

...and he's joined by Adrian Tchaikovsky, who has also written a well-considered post on the subject...

and also S. M. Duke, who has also voiced his own opinions on the matter (and has quite possibly the best blog header I've ever seen).

Rant-related blogging aside, here's some other links:

Trin has reviewed Unholy Domain by Dan Ronco. I was offered this book for review but was put off by the clunky, impersonal, generic email. The inclusion of praise from Harriet Klausner also shot the credibility of the book to pieces...

Graeme's been reminiscing about Tad Williams's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series, which never worked for me...although it is still one of the coolest series names in epic fantasy.

Aidan has reviewed The Ten Thousand by Paul Kearney, and drew very different conclusions to those of both myself and other bloggers...

Adam has reviewed George R. R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, which I really need to check out at some point...

Hope you all have a good weekend...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link and the kind words about my header. My girlfriend made it for me using my fantasy map and several images. She did an awesome job and I really like that image :D.

Thanks again!

James said...

No problem, I always try to reciprocate where I can. :) And your gf did a a great job, as the header looks very cool indeed.