Friday 6 March 2009

The "OMG YES IT'S FRIDAY" linky links

Some linkage from around the blogosphere. Because it's Friday, and my brain will melt if I engage it in strenuous activity...

Wert has posted what I think is the first review of Best Served Cold on the intarwebs. He liked it. Lots. More than the first three with chocolate, no less.

Realms of Speculative Fiction tears Stephenie Meyer a new one, with their amusing review of Breaking Dawn. By all accounts, it sounds like a truly shit novel. The cover is total crap as well - talk about mutton dressed as lamb.

Speculative Fiction Junkie has reviewed Ken Scholes's Lamentation, tipped by some as the debut of 2009.

Graeme has posted a pic of his reading pile of shame. It's big. And scary.

Gav has reviewed The Ninth Circle, which I ought to read since I've just got back from Budapest...

Dark Wolf has read and reviewed The Crown Conspiracy.

John has reviewed The Blood of Ambrose.

Jeff has interviewed Karen Miller.

3 comments:

Mike Johnstone said...

I just recently discovered your blog and wanted to drop a note to say how much I'm enjoying it. Your review of Nights of Villjamur has spurred me to put the book on my "to purchase" list when it arrives here in Canada, and I thank you for posting the GRRM update on Dance (I feel for GRRM; I'd rather he get the book right than rush it out, so I can wait ... for a little while longer).

I'm looking forward to keeping up with your site!


TBT

James said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! Really glad you're enjoying the blog, as that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

Not sure when NOV will be arriving in Canada, as no deal exists yet for that territory. For the moment, you'll need to import via amazon or whatever. Rest assured though that the minute Mark signs any overseas deals, I'll mention them here.

Thanks again and good luck with your own blogging endeavour!

Adam Whitehead said...

Not the first. I think Joe has the link to the first review on his site, so this wasn't a world exclusive (although I think LAoK was). A few other people have ARCs as well, so I'm expecting them to appear next week.