Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Republic of Thieves set for Spring 2011 release

I wasn't going to bother posting this news since it's likely to be across half the blogosphere within hours, but since I get several hits a day from people googling "Republic of Thieves release date" I thought I might as well blog it up.

So, yeah - apparently The Republic of Thieves is being lined up for release in early 2011.

Wert has got his fingers deep into this particular pie and unsurprisingly  was the first to break the news:

"I have heard back from Gollancz that they are planning to publish The Republic of Thieves in Spring 2011 at the same time as the US edition of the book. They confirm the book has been delivered and is now being revised and edited to this end."

If this schedule goes to plan, it will represent quite a big gap between the second and third books - Red Seas Under Red Skies was released in 2007, and four years is a considerable delay for a new-ish author who's trying to establish a career. Still, the expectation only seems to have grown in the intervening years, so the signs look good for Lynch.

7 comments:

Todd Newton said...

Guess we have a little more time to re-read the other two.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this - maybe I'm out of the blogosphere loop, but this was the first I'd heard of it!

Tluxe said...

Hey there,

We have been reading the articles on your website http://speculativehorizons.blogspot.com/
and are very impressed with the quality of your information.

We have a team of copywriters who specialize in writing articles on various topics and would like to write an original article for you to use on your website – this article will not be used anywhere else on the Internet.

In exchange all we ask is that we can have one or two links within the body of the article back to one of our sites.
If you are interested in having us write an article for your website please just let me know and we would be more than happy to have one written for you within two weeks.

Kind regards,
Papia

Anonymous said...

I really, really hate to say this, but Republic of Thieves has now gone into my "I'll believe it when I see it" catagory. I'm a huge fan of Lynch's first two books, but there is just something wrong with this picture. Spring, 2011? A release date at least 12 months from now on a book that is already, what? Two years overdue? Something is fishy and I'll give you 2 to 1 we never see the book.

Unknown said...

I hope it comes out. Scott announced on his blog that he is dealing with depression. Hopefully he will recover enough to finish the series, but all in all health comes first!

DogwoodGirl said...

Any updates on this? I can't find anything.

Anonymous said...

Orion books put up an interview with Scott here (I *think* it went up today):

http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/books/the-republic-of-thieves-hardback, click the Extras tab.

He mentions he has been dealing with Clinical Depression and his wife left him. UGH. No wonder the book is late.

Anyway its a good interview, no firm info on release date...Amazon still shows it as 2013! Hopefully that's wrong...