Thursday 8 May 2008

3 for 2 book deals will wreck my bank balance...

Went into Waterstones to pick up The Briar King by Greg Keyes, after having heard many good things about that series.

Instead, I came away with three books...none of which were The Briar King. It's these 3 for 2 book offers. I can't help it, I just have to partake.

The books I walked away with were:

Reaper's Gale by Steven Erikson

Children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien

Night of Knives by Ian C. Esslemont

I'm far away from being ready to read Reaper's Gale, but I'll get there eventually. The paperback copy of Children of Hurin is pretty cool and has plenty of excellent illustrations, both colour and pencil. As for Night of Knives, I'm very eager to see Esslemont's foray into the Malazan world. The fact that the novel is set over the course of a single night is also very interesting.

As I had some credit left on my voucher card thingy (kindly given by work colleagues for my birthday a few weeks ago) the whole total that I technically spent only came to around £5. Just as well really, otherwise my wallet would probably have burst into flame.

No comments: