Monday, 11 August 2008

Tagged again...

As I mentioned earlier, Aidan was kind/nasty enough to tag me with the latest meme...


Don't tend to keep books on my table, they normally end up on the floor. The table itself only holds my lamp, alarm clock, and a little blue jar with coppers/silvers in it. The tabletop is also home to a little plastic critter called Bleaker (after the character 'Paulie Bleaker' from the film Juno). Why's he called that? No idea.

Reading at the Moment:

The Steel Remains by Richard Morgan. Read the first chapter at lunchtime. Pretty good.

Can’t Put Down:

Well, I only ever read one novel at a time so I have to say The Steel Remains again. Although to be fair the opening chapter has got me interested and wanting to read on.

Gathering Dust:

Too many books on my to-read pile that have been there for a long time. Too long. To name but a few:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Elric by Michael Moorcock

The Children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien

Secret Indulgence:

Nothing literary really. Well, I must admit I quite like Dan Brown's books. Yes, his writing is prosaic and his characters are paper-thin, but he knows how to work a good plot. I admire the way almost every chapter ends in a cliffhanger. Although that sequence with the helicopter and the bomb in Angels and Demons was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Musically, I'd say Blaqk Audio. I generally dislike dance/techno music but these guys are from AFI, so it's ok. Plus the music they put out with this band is fantastic.

Looking Forward To:

Getting up tomorrow morning at 6, getting a coffee and working on the novel. Always the best part of the day. Books - the next George R. R. Martin and Empire in Black and Gold.

1 comment:

Gabriele C. said...

Ok, so I'm not the only one who doesn't keep books on the nightstand.