Thursday 23 October 2008

Some excerpts...

Brent Weeks' debut novel The Way of Shadows is next on my reading list, and I'm looking forward to it given the very strong reviews its generated in the blogosphere. For those of you who think you might fancy it, you can check out an excerpt here.

I've also got Stephen Deas' The Adamantine Palace on my radar, having quite liked the excerpt he posted on his website. Stephen has kindly agreed to an interview which will surface early next year.

I posted yesterday about how I quite fancied Jasper Kent's Twelve but having read the prologue I'm not so sure; the writing style is not to my taste, though perhaps the prologue is written in a different style to the rest of the novel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the prologue to TWELVE is in a different style from the body of text.

JK

ediFanoB said...

I read first to chapters of THE WAY OF SHADOWS and now I'm really keen on to read the book.

ediFanoB said...

I read prologue of TWELVE and I liked it. I'm still brood over the relation between title of book and the dozen of monkeys.

James said...

Jasper, thanks for making that clear!