Wednesday 3 December 2008

'Speculative Horizons' anthology + linky links!

Apologies for the lack of regular posting in the last week or so; life is pretty crazy right now (try juggling a busy work schedule, wedding plans and Christmas shopping and see if you like it!). Plus the weather in the north of England is unbelievably cold right now. Snow > transport network.

Anyhow, I've found a few minutes to give a brief update on various things.

The most interesting news item is the 'Speculative Horizons' fantasy anthology that Pat of Pat's Fantasy Hotlist fame is going to be editing for Subterranean Press. Pat approached me to check I was happy for him to use the name, which of course I am as it's all for a good cause (breast cancer research).

The line-up for the anthology includes some impressively big names in the fantasy stable. Full details are here. Should be exciting.

I've finished Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon and will post a review when I get the chance. Currently reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. The interview with Ian Graham is still in the works, hopefully that'll surface in the near future.

Finally, some linkies of interest.

Aidan's finally re-read Paul Kearney's The Ten Thousand. While it ultimately didn't work for him, he did acknowledge the fact that the second half of the novel is far superior to the first.

Graeme's read Ian Graham's 2002 debut 'Monument' and had mixed feelings.

Tia's cooked up some comprehensive tips for aspiring bloggers.

The Duracell Bunny (also known as Adam/Wert) has reviewed Nation by Terry Pratchett.

Robb has reviewed Abercrombie's Last Argument of Kings over at sffworld.

Finally, a bit of news that's been flying about the blogosphere: you can download James Barclay's debut raven novel Dawnthief from the Book Depository.

2 comments:

Todd Newton said...

Nice links, especially the one about new bloggers/building traffic. I've been meaning to sign up for Twitter and finally went through with it. Go me.

Another good review for LAoK? Surely you jest. I kind of want to buy the 2nd and 3rd books and read all 3 again.

Oh, and I'll definitely keep my eyes open for that anthology. C.S. Friedman has always been one of my favorites; her Coldfire Trilogy was my introduction to fantasy way back when I was about 13.

Tia Nevitt said...

Thanks for the linky link!