Wednesday 28 April 2010

Pat Rothfuss confirms release date for The Wise Man's Fear

From his blog:
So that’s what happened today: I found out the publication date for The Wise Man’s Fear – March 1st 2011.
Honestly, it would be way easier for me to sit on this information for a while. I could wait until the date was a little closer, thereby avoid some of the great wailing and gnashing of teeth I expect will follow this announcement. That shit brings me no joy. It damages my calm and makes it harder for me to write.
But I promised y’all I would pass along the *real* publication date as soon as I knew it. So that’s what I’m doing.
March 1st 2011.
Rothfuss is risking incurring the wrath of some of his fans by making this announcement (we all know how some fans react when predicted release dates fall by the wayside) but you presume he's uber-confident of hitting his deadline of September 2010 (for handing in the manuscript to his editor), otherwise he wouldn't have made this news public.

I hope Rothfuss manages to keep to his promise, not so much because I want to read the book, but more because he's a really decent guy and doesn't deserve the flak he's received (or the flak he no doubt will receive if he doesn't meet his deadline).

2 comments:

Øystein said...

..or the flak he expected to receive with the announcement, hence the closing of comments..

Me, I'm happy! Roll on 2011!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Well, finally! There's many good things out there to read in the meantime. At least we have a date to look forward to.