Wednesday 27 February 2008

Worlds of Fantasy

Fantasy fans in the UK take note: tonight on BBC4 at 9 pm the first episode of The Worlds of Fantasy will be shown. It's a TV series about fantasy literature, and throughout the series we'll see plenty of interviews with authors, including Joe Abercrombie.

Tonight's episode allegedly looks at the idea of the child hero, while the next focuses on worldbuilding. The whole thing is pretty exciting to be honest, as fantasy gets a pretty bad press most of the time in the media (that's if it is mentioned at all). It'll therefore be great to see the genre getting some national TV coverage.

1 comment:

Todd Newton said...

Argh, I'm doubly unable to watch, mostly because I don't get BBC and because I gave up video entertainment for Lent. Sounds great, though!

As a side note, when I read the title of this post I thought you were talking about the magazine "Realms of Fantasy" (which I thought was kind of crappy when I last read through one).